The Georgia Tech Goldrush Dance Team performs at all home football, men’s basketball, and women’s basketball games. They also travel to select away games and post-season tournaments. Goldrush members will also have opportunity to represent Georgia Tech at NDA College Nationals. Goldrush members prioritize their technical dance skills alongside their education, sororities, and club activities which foster their ability to serve as positive role models on campus and in the Atlanta community.
April 21st and 22nd 2018.
Prep Clinic: March 9th 2018 from 6pm – 9pm
$30 Clinic only
$60 Clinic + Audition
$40 Audition fee at the door
- Must be a Current Georgia Tech Student or an accepted incoming Freshman
- Must maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher
Must have the following at Registration:
- Registration Fee ($40)
- One Personal Letter stating why you want to be a part of the Georgia Tech Goldrush Dance Team & what you feel you bring to our team.
- Letter of Acceptance (Freshman Only)
- Copy of Insurance Card
- Application (which will be available at the audition)
- Black Hot Shorts
- Solid Black Sports Bra (small logos are acceptable, no embellishments)
- No Embellishments on top or bottoms allowed
- Hair Down and Fixed (Bangs do NOT need to be pulled back)
- Full Performance Make-Up (this includes a nice shade of Red Lipstick and lip liner)
- Jazz Shoes (cannot dance barefoot, color of shoe does not matter)
- Nail Polish should be clear, French or American manicured
- No Jewelry allowed, except for rhinestone earrings
The team practices three times a week in the evening on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Additional rehearsals are added as needed. Any dancer missing multiple games and/or practices is subject to dismissal from the squad.
- Audition Routine taught: Approximately 6 eight-counts of jazz 4 eight-counts of hip-hop
**A variety of skills will be included in the combination in order to review your technique, skill level, and ability to perform the skills within a routine setting.
- Spirit & Motion Technique
**Looking for sharp motions and ability to lead the crowd.
- Fight Song & Sideline Chant
**(taught via YouTube Link)
- Individual Technique
**Each candidate will be asked to execute a variety of turns, leaps, jumps, and extensions.
- Audition Routine Continued
** additional 2 eight-counts of hip hop and 6 high-counts of pom added
- Individual Interview
**Rotating interview with judges & a variety of other professionals associated with our program
- Across the Floor Improvisation
**All finalists will be asked to perform 2 rounds of across the floor improvisation.
- Conditioning Evaluation
**You will be asked to do an upper body combination, a lower body combination, an abdominal combination, and a cardiovascular exercise.
- Perform Audition Routine
Frequently Asked Questions:
DO YOU HAVE AUDITION PREPARATORY CLINICS THAT I CAN ATTEND?
Yes, the prep clinic will be held on March 9th from 6p-9p. Those attending the clinic will automatically move directly to Semi Finals.
WHAT ARE YOUR HEIGHT AND WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS?
There are no height or weight requirements. We do ask that all members maintain the appropriate physique, and are able to participate in all activities throughout the entire year.
WHERE WILL AUDITIONS BE HELD?
The Zelnak Practice Facility/Freshman Gym. This facility is connected to McCamish Pavilion. 965 Fowler St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30318
WILL AUDITIONS BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC?
Auditions will be closed to the public.
DO CURRENT TEAM MEMBERS HAVE TO RE-AUDITION?
Yes, all returning members must go through the audition process each season. No spots on the team are guaranteed.
WHAT IS THE TIME COMMITMENT?
The time commitment is usually 9 hours a week for Practice. Dancing for Georgia Tech will be a priority over all social and Greek commitments.